ARCHIVED — Vol. 146, No. 10 — March 10, 2012
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Blood)
Food and Drugs Act
Department of Health
REGULATORY IMPACT ANALYSIS STATEMENT
For the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement, see the Blood Regulations.
PROPOSED REGULATORY TEXT
Notice is hereby given that the Governor in Council, pursuant to section 30 (see footnote a) of the Food and Drugs Act (see footnote b), proposes to make the annexed Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Blood).
Interested persons may make representations concerning the proposed Regulations within 75 days after the date of publication of this notice. All such representations must cite the Canada Gazette, Part Ⅰ, and the date of publication of this notice and be addressed to Liz Anne Gillham-Eisen, Unit Manager, Office of Policy and International Collaboration, Director General’s Office, Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Department of Health, Address Locator: 0702B, Health Protection Building, 200 Tunney’s Pasture Driveway, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9 (fax: 613-952-5364; email: bgtd. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ottawa, March 1, 2012
Assistant Clerk of the Privy Council
REGULATIONS AMENDING THE FOOD AND DRUG REGULATIONS (BLOOD)
1. Subsection C.01.014(2) of the Food and Drug Regulations (see footnote 1) is replaced by the following:
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a drug that is listed in Schedule C to the Act or a medicated feed as defined in section 2 of the Feeds Regulations, 1983.
2. (1) Item 3 of Table II to section C.01A.008 of the Regulations is repealed.
(2) Item 4 of Table II to section C.01A.008 of the Regulations is replaced by the following:
Categories of drugs
Drugs that are listed in Schedule D to the Act, other than vaccines
3. Subparagraph C.04.019(b)(ii) of the Regulations is repealed.
4. The headings before section C.04.400 and sections C.04.400 to C.04.423 of the Regulations are repealed.
COMING INTO FORCE
5. These Regulations come into force one year after the day on which they are published in the Canada Gazette , Part Ⅱ.
S.C. 2005, c. 42, s. 2
R.S., c. F-27
C.R.C., c. 870
- Date modified: